If you like Edgar Allan Poe and you enjoy creating artful projects, you are in the right place!

Thursday, March 19, 2015

QUOTE THE RAVEN CHALLENGE #42: DREAM ON! (WEEK 3)


It is Week 3 of the Quoth the Raven, Nevermore Challenge, and I am here to remind and inspire you to come play with us!  For the inspiration for today's art, I chose part of Edgar Allan Poe's work "Dreams."  You can read the full poem here.  

The Poe image I used in my project today is a stamp from Carmen's Veranda.  The background paper is called Poe Boy and was purchased as a digital download (including 7 other backgrounds) from Smeared Ink.  




I hope you can find time to get inspired by Edgar Allan Poe and our "Dream On!" challenge this month. This challenge is subject to your personal interpretation; the only rule is that it must--in some way--be related to Edgar Allan Poe.  

12 comments:

  1. This is just marvelous Kay... I love everything on there :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know digital is allowed Kay as i don't have any Poe related items in my stash.

    Beautiful piece, love the red drips and the outlines in red, gives a haunted feeling :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooky like the man himself. We have ravens here. I see them often. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay you continue to amaze me with the incredible and versatile vatiations of your Poe designs! The raven is so fascinating with the red touches and 3-D effect - quite the eye catcher!!! Love the overall effect of this piece with your choice of background. Well done m'lady!!! (((hugs))) p.s. I discovered the Kindle is quite happy to leave comments so pffft a raspberry at the iPhone in future!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this one, Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay,
    This is wonderful - love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree 100% with Von... you are amazing and this is a beautiful piece of work. The colours, the layers and I love that poem. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo I love black and white with a splash or two of red, marvellous Kay :)
    Poppy and I wish you a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Kay!! This piece is stunning- love that Raven and your background is so mysterious! Well done ! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ADORE this creation that well honors your love of Poe and his memory Kay, as it is absolutely perfect and very striking!!! Marvellous work. And I love the poem too, though I miss some words (but not too many). Dreamful atmosphere and creation, well done! Bises, Coco

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how the raven pops out of the page. So cool. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Kay. Stopping by to view your gallery.
    Absolutely gorgeous Kay. You really are truly talented.

    ReplyDelete