If you like Edgar Allan Poe and you enjoy creating artful projects, you are in the right place!

Thursday, June 4, 2015

QUOTH THE RAVEN CHALLENGE #45: PICTURE INSPIRATION (WEEK 1)

A new month brings a new challenge at the Quoth the Raven site. This month it will be about "picture inspiration."  It's kind of like "anything goes," but you must draw your inspiration from the picture provided and it must, in some way, be related to Edgar Allan Poe.  Here is the inspiration picture:



I drew my inspiration from both the black and red color palette and from the arrangement of the image in the foreground and the raven(s) in the background.  I used red cardstock from my stash and a brand new stamp from Stampendous! called Crowscape.  This single stamp provided the entire background.  The silhouette was cut from a picture from a website called Assorted Ideas.  My art, when attached to a card blank, will make a perfect Halloween card!



I hope you will play along in June with this fun challenge.  Don't forget that art is therapeutic.  It just might change your state of mind!







10 comments:

  1. Well done, Kay! I like the way the man reminds me of a scarecrow. :-) Otherwise it would be terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, Very cool and eerie feel to this. The figure actually reminds me more of Frankenstein, who always looked huge and ominous and the fact that this is a silhouette makes it even more powerful. Even the birds seem to be afraid and flying away from him. Great job.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab deep red and black silhouettes, works well for a chilling ATC This is wonderful :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, love his outstretched hands and the dark birds all around. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just masterful Kay - I love it. Power, mystery and punch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool cool cool Kay! what fun you created here. Sure looks like Frankie to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh Kay this is fab, I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous interpretation Kay!! xo

    ReplyDelete